I made this thin chicken broccoli casserole using 98% chicken soup fat-free cream, non-fat evaporated milk, and reduced cheddar fat cheese. I also added more broccoli and used only light Parmesan and breadcrumbs grated dusting. And I avoided combining the breadcrumbs with melted butter and decided to gently brush the top of the casserole with olive oil from my bottle of pump spray. We recently enjoyed this slim chicken broccoli casserole with warm French whole wheat bread and a plain green salad. It is at its best fresh, fluffy, cozy comfort food. And get ready, because in a flash it vanishes.
3 cooked chicken breasts (boneless and skinless), diced
2 packages of frozen broccoli cuts, cooked and drained
2 cans (10-3/4 ounce) 98% fat-free cream of chicken soup
¾ cup nonfat evaporated milk
1 tsp lemon juice
1 cup reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
½ cup Italian-flavored dry bread crumbs
2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven at about 350 ° C. Grease a baking pan with a cooking spray of 9×13 inches.
2. Toss the cooked chicken and broccoli together in a large tub.
3. Blend the soup, milk, and lemon juice in a smaller pot. Apply this to the broccoli and chicken, and mix to blend.
4. Equally spread the mixture into the greased baking dish.
5. Sprinkle the sliced cheddar with it. Toss together the crumbs of bread and parmesan, and scatter uniformly over the top of the casserole.
6. Sprinkle lightly with spray to cook.
7. Bake, uncovered, for 25 to 30 minutes, at 350 degrees or until bubbly.
1. The leftover rotisserie chicken or turkey works perfectly
2. If you don’t have broccoli, any cooked vegetable of your choosing will work
3. If you don’t have chicken soup, then any cream soup will fit. So should gravy or a mixture of gravy and canned soup
4. Avoid breadcrumbs or add other crunchy crumbs, such as cornflakes, rice crispies, corn chips, potato chips, crackers, and so on.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.