It is the tenderest and most delicious chicken that you’ll ever get. Fit for tacos, burritos, sandwiches, or quesadillas. You just need a few ingredients, and you can put them in your kitchen and cupboard right now. I remember I did this recipe when I came across it and wanted to do it.
3 pounds of chicken thighs, skin removed
1/2 tbsp of kosher salt, or to taste
1/4 tbsp of freshly cracked black pepper
1/4 tsp of Creole or Cajun seasoning
1/4 tsp of garlic powder, or to taste
1/2 cup of light brown sugar, packed
(1) (6 oz) can of pineapple juice
1/3 cup of soy sauce
2 tbsp of cornstarch
2 tbsp of water
1. Remove the skin of the chicken and lightly season with salt, pepper, cajun seasoning, and garlic powder. Pat in the chicken seasoning and place in the slow cooker. Blend the brown sugar, pineapple juice & soy sauce; pour around the chicken. Cover and cook for 5 to 6 hours at low depending on chicken size. Use a large spatula to remove the chicken from the slow cooker to an aluminum foil platter & loosely tent; set aside to prepare the glaze.
2. Set the cooker to high until the mixture boils, or move to the stovetop to a casserole. Whisk the water and cornstarch together until there are no lumps. Slowly pour in the boiling sauce until fully absorbed and proceed to boil for around 3 to 4 minutes or until the mixture is thick. Remove from heat, and let it rest. Brush the sauce over each thigh of the chicken and serve on the table with the remaining sauce.
1. I also applied a few grinds of Perfect Poultry seasoning by Rachel Ray to the chicken, including sea salt, back pepper, ginger, garlic, rosemary & thyme. I used soy sauce low in sodium too.
2. Treat your family and friends with this dish and let them enjoy it.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.