Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 4 hrs 45 mins | Total Time: 5 hrs | Servings: 8
An easy slow cooker dish made with canned biscuits and cream soups. Creamy, delicious chicken and dumplings that taste homemade.
1 1/2 pounds chicken breasts cubed
10.5 ounces can cream of chicken soup
10.5 ounces can cream of celery soup
1 c water
14.5 ounces can chicken broth
2 carrots sliced (about 2 c after being sliced)
2-3 ribs celery sliced (about 2 c after being sliced)
1 yellow onion diced
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 c frozen peas optional
16.3 ounces Pillsbury Grand Biscuits 8 biscuit sized can
more thyme and pepper for the top of biscuits
How to make Slow Cooker Chicken and Dumplings
Step 1: In a slow cooker, add in the chicken, carrots, onions, thyme, and black pepper.
Step 2: Add and stir the cream of chicken soup, cream of celery soup, chicken broth, and water.
Step 3: Cook for about 4 hours on high or 8 hours on low.
Step 4: Stir in the peas.
Step 5: Divide the biscuits into quarters and even arrange them on top of the sauce.
Step 6: Sprinkle over some thyme and pepper.
Step 7: Place the lid and cook for about 45 minutes on high. Make sure to not open the lid. The dumplings are done when they are no longer shiny.
1. Cook the dumplings for about 1.5 hours if the slow cooker switched to warm after cooking for some time so the slow cooker gets back up to temperature.
2. If using a rotisserie chicken (white or dark meat), diced the chicken first and use 3 cups for this recipe.
3. In place of canned biscuits, you can use crescent dough instead. Just cut it into small pieces. Or use flour tortillas cut into small squares and cook on high for 20 minutes.
4. Store any leftover in freezer Ziploc bags or plastic Tupperware and freeze for up to 3 months.
5. When serving, thaw the frozen chicken and dumplings in the fridge for 24 hours and reheat on the stovetop or microwave.
Calories: 399kcal | Carbohydrates: 39g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 62mg | Sodium: 1308mg | Potassium: 654mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 2889IU | Vitamin C: 14mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 3mg
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.