A favorite of my dish is slow cooker chicken, dumplings. The ingredients can easily be thrown into your cooker and you can have a large bowl of comfortable food ready for you when you return. I am certainly one of those who are happy to have soup throughout the year, but I enhance it when it’s fall and winter. I love my chicken gnocchi soup pretty much, but chicken and dumplings are my mom’s favorite.
This simple chicken crockpot and dumpling recipe simplify my life much. I use the canned cooky dough to make the recipe so straightforward, but it still tastes the same as those classic chicken and dumplings everybody loves. Probably the ultimate comfort food is chicken and dumplings. A rich creamy brothy gravel tender juicy and soft shredded chicks and dumplings. The creamy texture and savory taste of chicken soup are not beaten by anything. You can make your scratch copycat recipe, but for convenience, we use the canned stuff. This recipe uses a few short cuts so that it can be easily and quickly put together while it doesn’t skimp.
2 lbs (boneless and skinless) of chicken breasts or thighs
1 sweet onion diced
1 clove garlic minced
2 cans of cream of chicken
3 cups chicken broth
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 package 8-count refrigerated biscuit dough
1. In a 6-quarter slow cooker, combine all the ingredients except the biscuit dough.
2. Cover and cook for 3 hours at high or 6 hours at low heat.
3. When you are cooking the chicken, use two forks to scrape the meat. Stir to blend.
4. Open the cookie can and press flat every cookie. Cut the cookies into narrow strips and add them to the cooker. Stir to mix.
5. Cover and cook for 1 hour or before cooking. Cook on high. When completed, the biscuits should be fluffy and light.
6. Serve straight away.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.