This Honey Garlic Chicken takes just 10 minutes to prepare it and it’s so delicious! Moreover, it’s healthier than taking it! To control saltiness, I love making Asian inspired recipes at home. Mix the sauce ingredients, chop the garlic, ginger, and green onions, and throw them together with the chicken in the slow-cooking pot.
I made plenty of sauce to serve the chicken with addition. The honey is sweet and the soy sauce is sweet. There are also tons of garlic loaded and some Sriracha kick. The sauce consists of soy and honey in equal parts.
A great freezer meal for this shredding honey garlic chicken. Cook in an airtight container for up to 3 months, as directed, and freeze the remains. Alternatively, all the sauce ingredients can also be put in a ziplock bag together with the chicken and uncooked for up to 3 months.
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts 2 pounds
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/2 cup honey
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon ginger grated
4 cloves garlic minced
1-2 tsp of sriracha, depending on how spicy you would like this
2 scallions sliced thin (white parts for cooking, green for serving), divided
2 tablespoons water
1 tablespoon cornstarch
sesame seeds for garnish if desired
1. In the slow cooker, place chicken on the bottom.
2. In a medium bowl, add honey, hoisin, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, sriracha, the white part of the scallion, and soy sauce.
3. Pour over chicken sauce mixture, and cook 2-3 hours at low temperature. My chicken breast was quite small and lasted for 2 1/2 hours although cooking time depends on the thickness of your chicken.
4. Remove from liquid the chicken and place it on a plate. Allow the chicken to rest a couple of minutes, then chop or slice with a knife or with two forks.
5. Transfer the fluid to a small pan from the slow cooker.
6. Whisk 2 water tablespoons with 1 tbsp of cornstarch. Add the cornstarch blend slowly to the sauce.
7. Cook high until thickened, constantly whisking. In a slow cooker, place the sauce back in the chicken shredded and toss it to cover.
8. Immediately serve the dish after garnishing with sesame seeds and green onions
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.