Slow Cooker Melt Roast Recipe of your mouth pot is just divinity and so easy to produce! My family wants me to do so as soon as possible again. I like this recipe best because it takes about 9 to 11 hours to cook. It is perfect for a day I’ll go and need a meal that can be in the crockpot.
(1) chuck roast
1 lb peeled carrots, cut into large chunks
2 lbs peeled potatoes, cut into large chunks
(1) peeled onion, cut into large chunks
Optional: 2 stalks celery, cut into large chunks
1 cup beef broth
1 tbsp corn starch
For Seasoning Mix:
2 tbsp steak seasoning
1 tbsp kosher salt
1 tbsp dried thyme
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1. Combine the seasoning mix in a bowl. Set aside
2. Coat the meat on both sides with olive oil. Sprinkle on each side over a third of the seasoning mixture.
3. In a large skillet, sear both sides of the meat over medium to high heat. Switch to slow cooker roast.
4. Put the vegetables into a large tub. Drizzle over a little olive oil for vegetable coating. Sprinkle over the remaining mixture.
5. Add the vegetables to the same pot used to sear the meat. Stir for about five minutes-occasionally stirring.
6. Move the vegetables into the slow cooker to the top of the roast. Pour into the broth for the beef. Cover it with its lid.
7. Cook for 9 hours at low, or 6 hours at high.
8. Recover much of the cooking juices from the slow cooker by using a turkey baster. Move juices into a shallow saucepan and put onto the stovetop to a boil over medium heat. Whisk add a little water to the cornstarch. Blend the juices in the pan when whisking. Return to a simmer until thickened. Taste and change seasoning according to need.
9. Move the vegetables and the roast to a large platter. Ladle over the sauce. Serve
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.