Slow Cooker Philly Cheese Steak Sandwiches makes a great meal perfect for busy weekends or when the big game is on. Tender beef and onions, which both come together in the slow cooker with melted provolone cheese (bell peppers are optional). Everyone raves at this recipe with all the flavors of our favorite Cheesesteak sandwich
1.5 lbs round steak, thinly sliced
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
(1) onion sliced
(1) bell pepper sliced
32 oz low-sodium beef broth
(6) French rolls
(12) slices Provolone American, or other cheese
1. Toss the steak with the powder of pepper and garlic, and put in the slow cooker.
2. Add the beef broth, onion, and bell pepper. Stir to blend.
3. Now, cook about 6 hours at a minimum, or until meat is soft and tender.
4. Preheat oven at about 350 F.
5. Toast the rolls open for 5 to 6 minutes, or until slightly crusty.
6. Lay some cheese slices on both sides of the roll.
7. Remove from the slow cooker meat, onions, and bell pepper (allow the juices to drip off) and stack on top of the rolls.
8. Go back to the frying pan to melt the cheese. Serve hot.
1. Philly cheesesteaks sandwich are perfect with French fries baked in the oven, or this broccoli pasta salad is ready for a crowd, try it out here!
2. Serve for the best results and delicious flavor straight away.
3. You can either slice or pull the beef
4. It is optional to brown the beef before sticking it in the slow cooker, so it adds more flavor.
5. If you prefer softer onions, then add them together with the beef. When you like getting much firmer for your onions, add them in the last 45 minutes of cooking time.
6. A cut, which becomes perfectly tender when slow-cooked in the crockpot, is the best beef for the crockpot. A beef roast, chuck, or pot roast is all right. It makes to Philly cheesesteaks savory and extra tender slices of meat with minimal effort.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.