One of our favorite comfort foods is Slow Cooker Salisbury Steak. Tender beef patties with mushrooms and onions cooked in rich brown gravel. Serve this Salky Steak crockpot with pulp, rice, or pasta. This easy Salisbury steak is one of our favorite family dinners. At any time of year, I like to use my slow cooker. Add garlic mashed potatoes or rice on top, but with cooked macaroni noodles, my all-time favorite is serving it. Serve with a side salad and have the perfect meal.
The beef patties cook all day in rich gravel with mushrooms and onions, which produce a very tender dish. Many confuse Salisbury steaks (a gravy beef combination) with Swiss Steak, which is usually minute steak with a sauce of tomatoes. (It is my favorite Swiss steak recipe that you can find here).
2 pounds lean ground beef
(1) (1 ounce) envelope dry onion soup mix
1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp vegetable oil
2 (10.75 oz) cans condensed cream chicken soup
(1) (1 ounce) packet dry au jus mix
3/4 cup water
1. Add and mix the ground beef, onion soup mix, bread crumbs, and milk in a large bowl with your hands. Shape up into eight patties.
2. Heat the oil over medium to high heat in a large skillet. In the hot skillet, dredge the patties in flour just for coating, and brown quickly on both sides. Place brown patties in the slow cooker, stacking like a pyramid in turn. Add and mix the cream of chicken soup, au jus mix, and water in a small dish. Add the meat over. Cook for 4 or 5 hours in the Low setting, until ground beef, is well done.
1. You can make your pieces of patties. Making the homemade beef patties does not take long, and they taste delicious
2. The simple step of drenching the beef patties simply helps them keep their shape without falling apart, plus browning meat always adds extra flavor.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.