Prep: 14 min | Cook: 36 mins | Total: 50 min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
I love a decent hamburger steak. I grew up to eat these, and I am sure we’ve all done that. And there’s just nothing quite like it sometimes. My mom would also wrap a slice of bacon around each one’s edges for even more flavor. This steak recipe for a hamburger uses lean ground beef patties cooked in a savory sauce with mushrooms, classic comfort food that makes the perfect choice for an easy dinner. I switch to hamburger steak if I find myself with a bag of ground beef in the refrigerator with no plans about what to do for dinner. You can prepare this nutritious meal in no time, and it’s always a hit with adults and children alike.
2 tbsp minced onion
1 tbsp beef base
½ tsp black pepper
(3) slices white bread
2 pounds lean ground beef
(1) (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
(1) (10.75 oz) can water
(1) dash Worcestershire sauce
1. Whisk the eggs, onion, beef base, and pepper in a bowl. Tear bread into large pieces, and place it into the bowl. Allow bread to soak for a few seconds and add the ground beef. Add and mix the meat into the egg-bread mixture, and form into (8) patties.
2. Heat over medium-high heat a large, heavy skillet, and fry for 8 minutes per side patties until they are browned, and the center of the meat is no longer pink. Set the patties aside.
3. Remove excess grease from the skillet, and whisk the mushroom soup, water, and Worcestershire sauce in the skillet until smooth. Place patties back into the skillet, spoon sauce over them to cover, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until sauce is thickened and the flavors blend.
1. Bear in mind that they are going to shrink a bit when you’re making your patties, so make them big. You can also make a little indention with your thumb in the center of each of them to keep them from puffing up too much and turning into meatballs instead of hamburger steaks.
2. Heat the skillet to simmer to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), if you’re planning to use an electric skillet.
Per Serving: 297.6 calories; 120.8 mg cholesterol; 777.1 mg sodium; 25 g protein; 7.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.