These Snickerdoodle Pancakes were heaven breakfast little bites! We all know how much I love Snickerdoodle cookies, I would take one of those pretty much over any chocolate chip cookie, any day, any day. I’m not sure what it is I love so much about them, but I knew I wanted to recreate them in the form of pancakes. If you’re looking for simple pancakes, try this recipe. These Snickerdoodle Pancakes have the same warm buttery cinnamon taste as the regular cookie and will be a hit for your family.
For the Batter:
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp cream of tartar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp sea salt
1 cup buttermilk
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Topping:
¼ cup white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
5 tbsp butter, melted
1 (7 oz) can whip cream
1. In a bowl, add and whisk flour, brown sugar, 2 tsp of cinnamon, tartar cream, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
2. In a bowl, mix buttermilk, egg, butter, and vanilla extract. Beat the egg to burst. Add and pour into the flour mixture and stir until the batter is just mixed and foamy.
3. Whisk white sugar in a small bowl, along with a tsp of cinnamon.
4. Heat in a nonstick grid pan over medium to low heat. Add and pour 1/3 cup batter onto the griddle and cook for 3 to 4 minutes until bubbles appear and edge dry. Flip and cook 2 to 3 minutes until browned on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter.
5. Brush the 5 tbsp butter with the pancakes. Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture with a tsp each. Sprinkle whipped cream on top.
1. You can also use a liquid measuring cup to make the buttermilk mixture.
2. For each pancake, you can use as much as 1/2 cup batter.
3. Use chickpea flour to make a healthy version of this recipe.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.