This is a favorite coffee cake for many years, as it is made using the finest ingredients: butter, sour cream, fresh eggs, vanilla and cinnamon, and walnuts. The scent fills my home with a luscious fragrance.
3 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
(2) stick softened butter
2 c granulated sugar
(4) large eggs added one at a time
1 tsp real vanilla
2 c sour cream
2 tsp baking soda
For the filling:
1/2 c chopped walnuts
1/2 c granulated sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
1. Prepare a pan with a tube, butter it, and dust it with flour.
2. Add and combine the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Add and cream butter and sugar together until well mixed.
4. Add one egg as you go, mixing at a time.
5. Stir in coffee and blend.
6. Mix the sour cream and baking soda in a medium bowl.
7. Alternate add mixture of flour
8. Then mix well in between the sour cream mixture until all the wet and dry ingredients are a mix
9. Blend the chopped walnuts, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
10. Put into the prepared tube pan around two-thirds of the cake batter.
11. Add and sprinkle the walnut mixture into the batter
12. Add the remaining cake batter in the walnut mixture.
13. Add the remaining walnut mixture to the batter on top. Bake on the oven’s middle shelf for an hour. Use a toothpick to check, if it’s cook it should come out clean when you pull it from the cake. You can add 5 minutes if it needs more time.
14. Transfer it in the rack and let it rest in the pan for 15 minutes.
15. Transferring the cake out of the pan to the countertop is tricky because of the sugar covering the cake, you might accidentally destroy it. To turn it out, use a cookie sheet or a large plate. Let it cool and transfer onto a large plate to store or serve.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.