Prep: 10 min | Cook: 35 mins | Additional: 10 min | Total: 55 min | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
Spicy Jalapeno-Bacon Mac and Cheese is super fluffy and full of bacon, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and Parmesan cheese. The spicy mac and cheese are only fiery enough to please those who love hot spices but are mild enough for those who just dabble. In this spicy mac and cheese, the jalapeños are a key ingredient not only for their evident spice but also for their exquisite taste. Jalapeños are legendary for their decent cheese work, and this recipe is no exception. But, you can always change the spiciness of your mac and cheese.
(1) (16 oz) package elbow macaroni
(1) (16 oz) package bacon, cut into bite-size pieces
(10) eaches jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
2 tbsp chile paste, or to taste
(1) pinch salt and ground black pepper
(4) tbsp all-purpose flour
1 tbsp minced garlic
4 cups whole milk
(16 oz) shredded extra-sharp Cheddar cheese
(8 oz) shredded Parmesan cheese
1. Take a large, lightly salted pot of water to a boil. In the boiling water, cook elbow macaroni until tender yet firm to the bite for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain.
2. Add and place bacon in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until nearly crispy for 5 minutes, turning occasionally. Add jalapenos and fry with bacon until soft and bacon is crispy about 5 minutes. Drain some of the bacon fat, leaving only (4) tbsp of fat in the pan.
3. Stir the chile paste into the pan and fry for a minute. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add flour and cook for a minute. Cook the garlic in the pan and stir for a minute. Pour in milk and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, whisking constantly. Remove from the heat and let sit for 10 minutes to cool slightly and prevent cheese from separating.
4. Add and stir Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese into the mixture until it melts. Add drained pasta and mix. Serve.
Per Serving: 745.6 calories; 112.4 mg cholesterol; 1371.8 mg sodium; 43.4 g protein; 56.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.