So, I was browsing the internet last week looking for new recipes when I stumbled upon this amazing recipe. I tried it and I was so glad that I did because not only that it is simple to make, it has strawberries in it too! It’s my favourite! I’m sure it’s gonna be a treat to all strawberry lovers out there. Give it a try. I promise you, it’ll become your favourite too! Enjoy!
What you need:
For the Blondie Batter:
1 cup butter, room temp
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup diced fresh strawberries
For the Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp strawberry puree (2 large strawberries, see instructions below)
1/2 – 1 tablespoon lemon juice (enough to thin the glaze to spreadable consistency)
How to make Strawberry Lemonade Blondies
1. Ready the oven. Preheat to 350 degrees C. Put parchment paper in a 9-inch square baking pan.
2. Mix butter and sugar in a large bowl. Whisk until it becomes fluffy then, add the egg. You can use a hand mixer to get the best result.
3. Add the lemon juice in the same bowl. (At this point, the lemon juice will not mix with the other ingredients. Don’t worry.)
4. In a different bowl, whisk together baking powder, flour and, salt. then, add to the batter and whisk until well-mixed.
5. Add in the sliced strawberries. Layout the batter into the pan. Make sure to spread evenly.
6. Bake inside the oven for 30-35 minutes or until the edges are golden. Use a toothpick to know the doneness of the cake. Once done, let it cool.
7. Puree the strawberries in the food processor. (Remember to cut off the calyx.) Add pressure to get 1 tbsp of puree.
8. Whisk the puree, sugar, and lemon juice in a medium bowl until smooth. (If the glaze is thick, add lemon juice and add sugar if it is thin.)
9. Pour in the glaze over the blondies and spread gently. Let the flavours incorporate before slicing.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.