If you don’t think you like meatloaf then think again! Taco Meatloaf combines all the Mexican foods that flavor your love with three types of meat that will surely become your new favorite for a mouthwatering comfort food recipe.
1/2 c sour cream
1/3 c salsa
3-4 tbsp taco seasoning (store-bought)
salt to taste
1 c crushed tortilla chips
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese
2 lb lean ground beef
optional: sliced tomato, chopped black olive and green onion, and shredded lettuce
1. Whisk the egg in a large cup, and add all ingredients except ground beef. Blend well. Attach the soiled beef and stir well.
2. In baking dish shape into a loaf. Bake for 60–70 minutes at 350 F. Time depends on how thick a loaf you make.
3. While hot, place on a platter for serving. Top with grated tomato and cheese. Cover the cheese loosely with foil so that the heat from the meatloaf melts.
4. In the meantime, prepare any combination of shredded lettuce, chopped green onion, chopped black olives, sour cream and extra salsa for side or meatloaf serving.
1. Commercial seasonings for taco are different in the taste I noticed. Some taco seasonings are a bit too strong for my taste because I don’t love the flavor very much. This spice is simple to use in my home-made version, so if you want to use my recipes and want cumin, just add more! Feel free to adjust my recipes for the number of other ingredients.
2. I’m going to top the slices with either freshly made or commercial salsa, instead of gravy. A quickie pico de gallo works equally. It is very easy to do with a food processor or the Ninja system! The essential components are onions, tomato seeds, garlic, jalapeño, and cilantro. To create your version of this recipe, you’re free to add or remove ingredients.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.