Chicken spaghetti is a unique American saucepan, which epitomizes comfort in a creamy and cheesy sauce: tender noodles and shredded chicken. It’s historically made from canned cream soups and vegetables such as tomatoes or mushrooms, but the one characteristic feature of chicken spaghetti breaks up the spaghetti into small pieces before they’re cooked.
Chicken Spaghetti is one of the easy, cheesy casserole dishes that will soon become your favourite family in your home. It’s in mine, I know! Tender chicken and pasta are sprinkled in a simple homemade cheese sauce and baked. A simple and easy recipe with a lovely snap to the south, yet warm and smooth. An excellent way to use last night’s chicken.
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: 30 Minutes
Method: Stove Top
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 lb Velveeta cheese, regular or Mexican
1 can(s) Rotel tomatoes, regular or hot
1 lb spaghetti pasta
1 stick butter
1 can(s) cream of chicken soup, undiluted
1 can(s) cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
1 medium onion, chopped
1 bell pepper, red or green, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
1. Boil chicken breasts in a large pot add 1/2 salt teaspoon and 1/2 black pepper teaspoon to water.
2. Wait for it until its completely done for about 10-12 minutes, then remove the chicken.
3. In the remaining broth, boil spaghetti pasta as directed in the package.
4. After completing the procedure, drain pasta and throw away the water. Don’t rinse, put aside the pasta.
5. In the same (empty) pot melt the butter and saute with the onion and bell pepper.
6. Add to the sauteed onion mixture tomatoes, soup, cooked chicken, one at a time, and spaghetti. Mix well.
7. Add the cheese and mix well. Mix well. Flavour with salt and pepper. Heat until you melt the cheese thoroughly to avoid burning the mixture.
8. Suggestion for serving: Top with Parmesan freshly grated cheese and with a salad and/or hot garlic bread.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.