The Texas Turtle Sheet Cake is easy to make and easy to eat mouthwatering cakes due to its amazement. You don’t seem to think that there are people who haven’t tasted the glory of Texas Turtles, but let this awesomely delicious Texas turtle sheet cake make any kind of iterations on this classic. I often like my frosting a bit on the thick side but it’s the perfect thin layer that’s so delicious and adds only the perfect sauciness to the cake.
For the cake:
2 cups self-rising flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup strong black coffee
⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup buttermilk
For chocolate frost:
¼ cup butter
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
4 tbsp buttermilk ( there are instances where an additional tablespoon or two may be needed)
2 to 2½ cups powdered sugar
½ cup chopped pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
½ cup caramel sauce, to drizzle
1. Prepare the oven by preheating it about 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour in a big baking pan of 13 to 9-inch.
3. Combine self-stretching flour with granulated sugar in a large bowl – set aside. Use a large spoon to combine the two ingredients, make sure that it is combined properly.
4. In a medium saucepan, combine 1 c of butter, 1⁄2 of cocoa, and 1 c of coffee.
5. Stir often the butter, cocoa, and coffee until it boils. Remove from heat when this mixture is boiling.
6. Now add the chocolate blend to the sugar/flour combination.
7. Combine mixtures with a medium-speed hand-held mixer to completely mix.
8. Add the eggs and the 1/2 c of buttermilk. Beat about another minute, until mixed well. In the prepared pan, pour the batter.
9. Bake 25-30 minutes. Cleanly should come out a toothpick or a fork in the middle of the cake.
For the chocolate frosting:
1. Combine 1⁄4 cup butter, 3 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder and 4 tbsp of buttermilk in a medium saucepan. Stir it constantly with medium heat until it boils.
2. Add and mix in 2 c of powdered sugar with a wire whisk. If necessary, you could add more powdered sugar (1/4 cup a time), or more buttermilk (1 tablespoon each time) until you achieve your desired taste.
3. Spread the warm frosting (or pour) on the cake.
4. Sprinkle chops of pecan pieces and chocolate chips. The best way to do this while the frosting is still warm to slightly melt the chocolate chips.
5. Put the caramel sauce over the top just before serving.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.