I enjoyed this delicious treat growing up. We called it Tater Tot Casserole Saturday! My mom made these amazing little treats on Saturdays. That’s pretty much the time we are all in the house and bond by watching movies together and of course, eating! We all have that one particular recipe that reminds us of our childhood. May it be spaghetti or homemade pizza. In my case, it’s this Tater Tots Casserole. Every time I eat it, it’s like being at home with my family. I am sharing this with you so you’d somehow taste my childhood happiness! You all have a great day!
1 lb lean ground beef (the leaner the better)
1/2 onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
15 oz can green beans, drained
10.75 oz can condense cream of mushroom soup
2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups of frozen tater tots
salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE THE BEST TATER TOT CASSEROLE
1. Ready the oven then preheat to 375 degrees F.
2. Prepare a 9-inch pan and grease a little with cooking spray then set aside first.
3. Set the stove over medium heat and place the skillet. When the skillet is hot enough, add the ground beef and saute until the color turns brown.
4. Add the onions in the skillet and saute for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent.
5. Add garlic and stir and cook for another minute.
6. Add the Worcestershire sauce. To taste, add pepper and salt.
7. Turn off the heat. Move the sauteed beef mixture to the lightly greased baking dish. Remember to fill the baking dish with the beef mixture.
8. Spread cream mushroom soup then green beans then the cheddar cheese. (Note: Season the layer of green bean.)
9. Add the tater tots over the top of the mixture.
10. Put in the oven and bake for 35 – 40 minutes or once the tots turn golden brown and the cheese has completely melted.
11. Remove from the oven and serve while hot! Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.