Prep time: 20 min | Cooking: 40 min | Additional: 1 hr| Total: 2 hrs | Servings: 8 | Yield: 8 servings
My brother gave me this recipe years ago, and it’s become a staple of the form of our dinner, holiday, or ‘business is coming.’ It is easy to assemble, and you can prepare this in advance. It pairs well with beef, chicken or ham. If there are some leftovers, reheat well. Everyone still loves ‘Irish Potatoes.’ Yeah, I know ‘Irish Potatoes’ are fattening, but it’s just not as good without the butter, whipping cream, and a half and half. It would be a travesty to replace the margarine or frozen hash browns. Try this “The Irish Potatoes” Recipe, and let your family and friends enjoy this mouthwatering recipe.
(8) large russet potatoes
1 tbsp butter
(½) small onion, minced
(1) pinch salt and ground black pepper
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup half-and-half
¼ tsp paprika
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1. In a large pot, place the potatoes and cover with salted water, bring to a boil. Cook the potatoes for 10 minutes at a boil, drain. Set aside and let it cool.
2. Once the potatoes are cool to handle, slide the skin from the potatoes and discard, refrigerate the peeled potatoes until completely cold for an hour.
3. Preheat oven at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
4. Grease a 9c13 inch baking dish with a tbsp of butter.
5. In a prepared baking dish, grate 2 of the potatoes into the bottom of the dish. Add and sprinkle 1/4 of the minced onion over the layer of the potato, season with salt, and black pepper. Repeat layering until you use all the ingredients, and the dish is full.
6. Drizzle melted butter, whipping cream, and a half and a half over the potato mixture, then season with paprika.
7. In a preheated oven, bake until the top is bubbling, for about 30 minutes.
8. Before serving, garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Per Serving: 447.7 calories; 50.1 mg cholesterol; 118.3 mg sodium; 6.5 g protein; 67.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.