There are thousands of different potatoes, many of them widely cultivated by commercial farmers as well as home-growers. The majority of them are lumped into tuber colour and the content of starch. Irish potatoes are typically found in the group ‘white potato’ characterized by light tan to creamy, white, and waxy texture of the flesh due to its moderate to low starch content. They are called Irish potatoes because they were the main type cultivated in Ireland at the beginning of the 1800s and they are always related to The Great Iris.
Irish potatoes might seem like a savoury side dish but there are no potatoes in this traditional Irish dessert. Candies made from potatoes are small bites of sweetened cream from cinnamon and cocoon. They are tasty and unbelievably easy to make. It is perfect if combined with beef, ham, or chicken.
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
8 large russet potatoes
1 tablespoon butter
½ small onion, minced
salt and ground black pepper to taste
½ cup butter, melted
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup half-and-half
¼ teaspoon paprika (optional)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
1. In a large pot, put the potatoes and cover them with salted water. Boil it for 10 min or until fully cooked. Set aside.
2. When the potatoes are cool enough, remove the skin off. Refrigerate the skinless potatoes for an hour until completely cold.
3. Preheat an oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
5. Grate the bottom of the prepared baking plates with 2 of the potatoes. Sprinkle on the layer of pumpkin around 1/4 of the minced onion; salt and black pepper for sprinkling. Repeat until the dish is full of all ingredients.
6. Drizzle butter melted over half a mixture of potato and cream whipping, and paprikas seasoned.
7. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes before the top bubbles.
8. Add the fresh chopped parsley to serve.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.