Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. I taught my kids to not skip it so I make sure to prepare healthy and beautiful treats to begin the day. And my family’s favorite breakfast is this perfectly baked and sweet Cinnamon Rolls. These beauties are fluffy, super soft, and delicious! Start your day with a bite and that smile will never leave your face for the entire day!
1 quart Whole Milk
1 cup Vegetable Oil
1 cup Sugar
2 packages Active Dry Yeast
8 cups (Plus 1 Cup Extra, Separated) All-purpose Flour
1 teaspoon (heaping) Baking Powder
1 teaspoon (scant) Baking Soda
1 Tablespoon (heaping) Salt
3 cups (to 4 Cups) Melted Butter
2 cups Sugar
Generous Sprinkling Of Cinnamon
FOR THE MAPLE FROSTING
1 bag Powdered Sugar
2 teaspoons Maple Flavoring
½ cups Milk
¼ cups Melted Butter
¼ cups Brewed Coffee
⅛ teaspoons Salt
How to make The Pioneer Woman’s Cinnamon Rolls
1. Place the milk, vegetable oil, and sugar in a pan. Mix until incorporated and heat until just the boiling.
2. Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool for 45 minutes to an hour.
3. Once the mixture is cooled, sprinkle with the Active Dry Yeasts and leave it for a minute.
4. Add in 8 cups of all-purpose flour to the mixture and stir until combined.
5. Cover the dish and let it rise for an hour.
6. After an hour, add another cup of flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix until incorporated. When not ready to use yet, you can cover the dough and place it inside the fridge. If it starts to overflow just punch it down.
7. When ready to prepare on the same day, lay the dough on a floured surface.
8. Take half of the dough and form a triangle, and roll until thin yet still maintaining a rectangular shape.
9. Drizzle the rectangular shaped dough with 1 1/2 to 2 cups of melted butter and sprinkle with 1 cup of sugar, then, dust with a generous amount of cinnamon.
10. Roll in a neat line toward you starting at the opposite end. Make sure to roll as tight as possible and pinch the seam to seal.
11. Grease a 7-inch round foil cake or pie pan with 1 tablespoon of melted butter.
12. Meanwhile, cut the rolls at about 3/4 to an inch thick and layer them in the buttered pans. Repeat the same process with the remaining dough.
13. Let the rolls rise first for about 20 to 30 minutes.
14. Then, place inside the oven and bake at 375 degrees for about 15 to 18 minutes or until light brown.
15. To make the frosting, mix the powdered sugar, maple flavoring, milk, melted butter, brewed coffee, and salt. Stir until incorporated and smooth. You are looking for a thick but pourable consistency. Adjust the taste as needed.
16. Lavishly drizzle the frosting over the warm rolls and serve. Enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.