No one has to ask how simple it is to make this cake, and possibly, no one would guess that the key ingredients are just a simple one. It is perfect for lemon lovers like me, or suitable to bring with you when invited to dinner. This simple lemon-flavored cake is quick but impressive to put together on the cake stand. Once baked, a sweet lemon juice glaze drizzles the moist and savory cake, creating the perfect finish touch. Once you go, you will see how simple it is to throw them together.
(4) eggs, separated
⅓ cup lemon juice
1 tsp lemon zest
1 tbsp butter
1 ½ cups white sugar
½ cup sifted all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
1 ½ cups milk
1. Beat the egg yolks, lemon juice, lemon rind, and butter or margarine together until the color is thick and lemon. Combine sugar, flour, and salt; add milk to the yolk mixture in turn and beat well after each addition.
2. Beat egg whites till they are stiff. Mix egg whites into the batter with an electric mixer at low speed. Pour into a baking dish of 8 inches in line.
3. Add and place a pan of hot water in the oven, and put the baking platter in the tub. Bake for 45 minutes, at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
1. To get the best of your lemon, roll the lemon on the counter and apply a mild pressure to loosen the membranes before you cut it in half. Add and place a small strainer over the bowl if you do not have a citrus squeezer and use a fork, twist it back and forth, to extrude as much juice as possible from the lemon.
2. Sift powdered sugar, as it creates small clumps and can not evenly blend in the lemon juice. Stir constantly, as the mixture boils, to ensure smooth glazing.
Per Serving: 165 calories; 67 mg cholesterol; 139.7 mg sodium; 3.7 g protein; 31.1 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.