Prep time: 15 min | Cook: 45 min | Total: 1 hr | Servings: 12 | Yield: 1- 9×9 inch crisp
Pineapple Crisp is a sweet island that uses chunks of fresh pineapple to inspire summer crisp. You can crumble with a generous amount of coconut-oat butter, and a sprinkle of slices of almond if you like, it bakes beautifully golden. Serve it in a la mode and enjoy fresh flavors in a typical crisp. I don’t know where this idea came from, but I’m so happy I did. I had seen some recipes for warm pineapple sundaes and grilled pineapple, and in any kind of dessert, I had never had warm pineapple.
Pineapple is perhaps one of my favorite fruits, and I love it. I am looking for every opportunity to use it in everything from appetizers to desserts as an ingredient. So, it was likely it would turn into a pineapple crisp. For me, it’s all about that buttery crumb topping when it comes to crisps. Although we associate pineapple with warm weather more often, I don’t book this crisp just for the warm summer months. It makes for a great dessert to serve year-round with ice cream. Pineapple crisp is perfect anytime with your coffee in the morning and with milk as a snack. It is a quick and simple recipe that you can throw together to feed family and friends whenever you need something tasty.
(2) (20 oz) can crushed pineapple, drained
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, melted
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Spread the well-drained pineapple into a 9×9 inch square baking pan.
3. In a medium bowl, add and mix flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and egg until smooth. Spoon mixture evenly over pineapple. Pour melted butter over the mixture and then sprinkle with cinnamon.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes. Serve either hot or cold.
Per Serving: 215.2 calories; 31.9 mg cholesterol; 191.9 mg sodium; 2 g protein; 34.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.