Servings: 24 | Yield: 1-9×13 inch pan
This apple cinnamon sugar cake is just one of those things that are usual but somehow uplift the day a bit. It’s low maintenance, highly snackable, and should be 100 percent as a simple apple cake should be moist, fragrant, and cozy. I remember my grandma, when I was a little girl, making this delicious cinnamon apple cake. The combination of cinnamon, apple, and walnuts in one recipe is perfection. It is an old fashioned recipe that everyone loves and which is easy to make.
This cake is so delicious, and it forms a crumb coating with its wonderful taste of cinnamon. We cut up our apples pretty good, so there are no big chunks of apples, but you can tailor them to your taste. The perfect mix of spice, spiciness, and all good. It is perfect for dessert, or even for breakfast. For the company, we make this a lot, and it always gets raves reviews with everybody wanting the recipe. It is also the perfect “snack bar” for my boys when they want a nice treat, and when they come home from school.
(5) apple – peeled, cored and sliced
2 cups all-purpose flour
½ tsp salt
4 tsp ground cinnamon
4 tsp baking powder
2 cups white sugar
1 cup of vegetable oil
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup chopped walnuts
4 tsp white sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) grease lightly and flour a 9×13-inch pan.
2. Sift flour, salt, cinnamon, and baking powder, then set aside.
3. Add and beat eggs and sugar in a bowl for 15 minutes on high speed with an electric mixer. Add and blend the oil.
4. Add flour mixture and mix well, then add vanilla. Fold in the apples and nuts. Pour the batter into the 9×31-inch pan.
5. Mix 4 tsp of sugar and a tsp of cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the cake.
6. In a preheated oven, bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, at about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Per Serving: 247.5 calories; 31 mg cholesterol; 142.1 mg sodium; 3 g protein; 30.7 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.