Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook time: 15 mins | Total time: 30 mins | Yield: 3 Servings
A must-try, pan-fried or baked chicken pieces with a savoury sauce. Do away from your usual chicken recipe and try this next time.
1.5 c Chicken Breast, cut, into small pieces
1/2 c buttermilk
3/4 c all-purpose flour
Salt (as needed)
1/4 c cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon red chilli powder
1 c panko
For Bang Bang Sauce:
1/2 c mayonnaise
1/4 c sweet chilli sauce
2 tablespoons Frank’s hot sauce
A pinch salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
How to make Try This Best Bang Bang Chicken
Step 1: Wash, slice, and dry the chicken breasts or thigh.
Step 2: Mix the breading ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Step 3: Heat about 2-inch oil or enough to submerge the chicken.
Step 4: Coat the chicken pieces into the batter mixture.
Step 5: Once the oil is hot enough, coat the chicken pieces in panko and slowly and carefully drop them in the oil. Fry on medium heat until cooked through.
Step 6: Remove the fried chicken from the pan and dry on a kitchen tissue.
Step 7: For the Bang Bang sauce, combine the sauce ingredients into a mixing bowl until well mixed.
Step 8: Toss the fried chicken pieces into the sauce.
Step 9: Before serving, pour the sauce on top of the chicken, and serve immediately.
1. Make sure that the chicken pieces are dry for the batter to stick to them.
2. Ensure that the oil is not smoking (very hot) or cold or the chicken will burn.
3. Make room when frying and always fry in batches.
4. Bake and not fry the chicken if desired.
5. For oven-baked Bang Bang chicken, arrange the coated chicken on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. And bake in the oven for about 20 minutes at 375 degrees F. Flip the chicken pieces and continue to bake for 10 minutes more.
6. Toss or dip the chicken pieces into the sauce.
Amount Per Serving: Calories 253.5 kcal 13% Total Fat 14.8g 23% Saturated Fat 2.7g 13% Trans Fat 0.1g Cholesterol 27.1mg 9% Sodium 698.6 mg 29% Total Carbohydrate 19.7g 7% Dietary Fiber 0.5g 2% Sugars 5g Protein 9.3g 19% Vitamin A 3% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 1% Iron 5%
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.