Have a taste of this irresistibly delicious Tuscan Garlic Chicken in creamy garlic sauce with spinach. This recipe is indeed a restaurant-quality meal that you can easily make at home.
3/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 Tbsp. salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil, divided
1 Tbsp. finely minced garlic (about 4-5 cloves)
1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips or chopped
1/2 c. low-sodium chicken broth
6 ounces fresh spinach
1/2 c. heavy cream
2 tsp. cornstarch
1 c. low-fat milk
1 c. freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 pound fettuccine
How to make Tuscan Garlic Chicken
1. Prepare the oven and preheat it to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix the flour, salt, pepper, basil, and oregano in a shallow pie plate. Generously dip each chicken piece in the flour mixture and coat both sides.
3. Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a large 12-inch non-stick pan over medium heat.
4. Once the oil is hot and simmering, place the chicken breasts in the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on both sides until golden and browned but not cooked all the way through.
5. Don’t flip the chicken, let the oil sear the crust on the chicken. If you flip it too early the breading will fall off. Once both sides of the chicken are golden and browned, place it to a greased foil-lined baking sheet. Place inside the oven and bake for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Cover with foil and set aside until ready to use.
6. Heat a large pot of water, bring to a boil and add the noodles. Cook them until al dente. Make sure to wipe the skillet with paper towels first before adding the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Then, saute the garlic and bell pepper for 2-3 minutes.
7. Add one tablespoon of flour and whisk continuously for one more minute. Pour the chicken broth and big to a low simmer. Continue stirring for about 3-4 minutes or until the mixture is slightly thickened.
8. Combine the cornstarch and cream in a small bowl. Add the spinach, milk, and cream mixture. Simmer and cook for about 2-4 minutes or until the spinach is wilted and sauce is slightly thickened. Mix the Parmesan cheese.
9. Once the pasta is done, drain and return it to the same pot. Pour the half of the cheese sauce over the pasta and toss. Place the coated pasta on a plate, top with the breaded chicken breast, and add some more sauce. Serve and enjoy!
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.