Prep time: 25 min | Cook: 50 min | Total: 1 hr 15 min | Servings: 12 | Yield: 12 servings
White Cheese Chicken Lasagna is the creamiest, most dreamy, cheesiest white lasagne you’ll ever enjoy. It is perfect for family, dinner guests, or even to keep something to yourself. Although it may be white, rather than red, and made with chicken rather than with beef, it has all the features of Lasagna we love. Make the best out of your family gathering with this White Cheese Chicken Lasagna.
(9) lasagna noodles
½ cup butter
(1) onion, chopped
(1) clove garlic, minced
(½) cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
2 cups chicken broth
1 ½ cups milk
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp ground black pepper
2 cups ricotta cheese
2 cups cubed, cooked chicken meat
(2) (10 oz) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese for topping
1. Preheat the oven about 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Bring it to a boil in a big pot of lightly salted water. Cook the noodles for 8-10 minutes in the boiling water.
2. In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. In the butter, cook onion and garlic until tender, stirring frequently. Stir in flour and salt, and simmer until bubbly. Add and mix in the broth, milk, and boil for a minute, stirring constantly. Stir in 2 cups mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Add and season with the basil, oregano, and ground black pepper. Take away from heat, and set aside.
3. Add and spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture in the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish, then layer with 1/3 of the noodles, ricotta, and the chicken. Arrange the 1/3 of noodles over the chicken, and layer with 1/3 of the sauce mixture, spinach, remaining 2 cups mozzarella cheese, and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Arrange remaining noodles over cheese, and spread remaining sauce evenly over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese.
4. In a preheated oven, bake it for 35 to 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 368.9 calories; 77.1 mg cholesterol; 670.9 mg sodium; 23.7 g protein; 22.8 g carbohydrates.
Please don't forget to Like & Share this recipe with your friends. Also, make sure to follow on Facebook and Pinterest to get our latest Daily Yummy Recipes.